Friday, December 24, 2010

A Big BIG Recap


This was a couple days after A.J. got home from OCS, we were playing Nerts at my parents' house, and Isaac wanted so badly to throw cards out too! Of course A.J. and I were ignoring him, but that's not something my mom can do! :)



My mom has a bunch of the old school Fisher Price toys, and J.T. and Drew LOVE to play with them every time we go over there.

Isaac loves looking at my parents' Disney World photo album they have. It's all pictures of them with various Disney characters.

We went on a date!! After 12 weeks apart, we went to see MegaMind, then ate at Shorty Small's. Such good ribs!!

Isaac and J.T. "helping" me fix the vacuum. (And by fixing, I mean cutting the hair out of it. I guess I mean my hair, b/c I'm the only one in my family with enough hair to stop a vacuum.)

Drew, not interested in helping. :)

These next 11 shots are of Isaac and Drew having a blast together at breakfast one morning. The one of J.T. is him showing me something about how Ironman eats scrambled eggs.











This is how A.J. spent the day before Thanksgiving. And, yes, that is his trash can he had to carry around with him all day. Not that he moved much.

I spent the day making this mess...

...and this one...

...which resulted in this (chocolate buttermilk pie--sooooo good!)

...and this gooey apple cake (I finally had one not break apart when I took it out of the bundt pan!)

...and this flan. We forgot to take a picture of it before we started eating it. And I didn't take a picture of the orange knots or fudgy cheesecake brownies.

The day after Thanksgiving we opened presents with my parents b/c we were moving to Virginia before Christmas.




I painted a candy dish for my mom that says "More chocolate? What a silly question!" A.J. wrapped it with aluminum foil to look like a Hershey's kiss. I forgot to get a picture of the plate, though. Oops.


Isaac got a toy truck,

which he LOVES.

My parents gave A.J. a US Navy ornament. It looks so cool.


Trying to cover Daddy's eyes for a big present.

There we go, now they're both covered.

My dad gave A.J. the set of clubs he's been borrowing when they go golfing. He is super excited about having them!

It was also my dad's birthday, and we have proof that he followed Betsy's directions on the present.

J.T. had all the fun he could stand, and fell asleep to Mary Poppins.


Having a blast at the awesome indoor playground we've been going to for over a year.


My new kitchen!! This is the only room I've taken pictures of so far, but I promise I will take more.


Totally sacked out with his hand still in the bag of rice cakes. He loves those so much.

And here's Mack, our new dog. We've had him for a week, now.

All three of the boys like playing and hiding in the kitchen cabinets which currently have nothing in them. (We're getting our stuff on Monday.)




They also like eating in them. A.J. gave them their lunch in the cabinets today.


I had to hurry and put up all these pictures today, so that I can put up a Christmas post after tomorrow!

5 comments:

Jen Sorensen said...

I love all of your pictures! Your kitchen looks so pretty. I love it. Especially the lunch-cabinets. :) I love know what's going on with you guys. You're my inspiration to get my blog going again. Maybe in January. Maybe.

Lisa said...

I bet you are going to LOVE cooking in that kitchen. It looks like a great place so far--and a cute dog! Miss you.

Moe Talks A Lot said...

Love these pictures! My favorite is the one at the breakfast table where Issac has his finger in Drew's ear; such Bankhead's! Also, LOVE your new kitchen! I was to see more pictures of your house!

Jessi said...

Oh it made me homesick for you when I saw your pictures! (I guess the appropriate way to say that would be I miss you but you know what I mean) Love you!

Sarah... said...

Ah! So much has happened in your young married life :) Those little boys are such cuties. And I LOVE your kitchen! Hope you're getting settled in ok. Thanks for the update! This post made me miss you and your fam so much :(