Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dessert Auction!!!







Last night there was a ward dessert auction for the youth to earn money for girls' camp and scout camp. Since I love baking, this was right up my alley. I made a white chocolate fruit tart, a chocolate ganache fudge cake, peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake bars, a lemon supreme cake (Grandmama's recipe- so good!), and an apple cake. There were roughly 50 items auctioned off, and everyone was really generous with their bids. Maybe 10 items got up to over $100, three of which were mine (fruit tart, cheesecake bars, and chocolate cake). The fruit tart went for the highest bid, at $200!! My five items went for a total of $485. Am I feeling extremely proud and validated in my hobby? Yes.

7 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

Good job! That's awesome!
-Betsy

Lisa said...

That is so cool!!!!!! I wanted the second one with all the chocolate!

eliz said...

you are radder than rad...and talented! love you!

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Those look delicious! By the way will you post your Amish Bread Recipe? I miss that so much!!!! Hope all is well:)

Abbey and Todd said...

Emily that's incredible!! Those all look DELICIOUS!!

Cami said...

I am so impressed!

Sarah... said...

That is AWESOME. You've got your momma's talent for "beauty" and "tasty" in your baking. Makes my mouth water!