Here's an official update for everyone. AJ is entering the Navy as an officer. I cannot even tell you how excited we are. He reports on August 22 for a 12-week training program in Rhode Island. The boys and I will fly up at the end for his graduation/commissioning ceremony. Then, within a couple weeks, we will be stationed...somewhere. There are five main ports that officers generally start at: Washington, D.C.; Norfolk, VA; Pensacola, FL; San Diego, CA; and Pearl Harbor, HI. Needless to say, I'm hoping for Pearl Harbor!! Though there's not really a bad choice in there.AJ currently works two jobs and I am so sick of not seeing my husband. It makes me so grumpy and ticked off, and I only occasionally have a good attitude about it. He's been working so hard for so long and never gets to see his family. He's excited to leave the mundane and enter into an honorable job that the boys can be proud of. We know that being in the armed forces requires deployments. In the U.S. Navy, that means roughly 18 months home and 6 months deployed. You know it's time for a change when being gone 6 out of every 24 months means spending more time with your family. So as long as the boys aren't in school, we'll be traipsing about the country visiting family while he's serving our country on deployments.
4 comments:
yay! we are going to miss you, but I'm so excited for your adventures! I love your new header :)
good luck with your new opportunities!! i hope you get stationed in the seattle area sometime! and i hope that i'm still here if you do. we have quite a few guys in our ward that are in the navy (we actually have two navy families moving at the end of this month).
This is a month after the fact, but congrats on becoming an officer family soon! :-) Hopefully the 6 months away won't be terrible; I'm glad you know what you're signing up for, a heads up is always a good thing. Hope your boys are well. :-) Keep smiling Emily Kate. Thank you.
Wow that is so exciting. We did a similar thing. Nathan finished his training last October and we are stationed in D.C. That is nice that you will get 18 months after his 6 months. Will he be on a sub or air craft carrier? I am excited to see where you end up. We would love to see you in Washington DC.
Post a Comment